Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Florence, SC
Ruiz Foods in Florence, SC is seeking experienced food production supervisors. Selected candidates must be available to work 1st or 2nd shift and weekends per production schedule.
The Production Supervisor is fully responsible for safety, manufacturing efficiencies pertaining to labor cost, material cost, overhead cost and product quality/product safety. Responsible for implementing policies/procedures and upholding company policies. The supervisor will also be training and developing subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Team Members and their assigned Areas; these include, Machine Operators, Line Runners, Packers, Rollers, Etc.
- Acts as an assistant to the Manager who is responsible for making all employment related decisions for Team Members.
- Verify compliance of Company and USDA standards through daily audits.
- Be familiar with finished product specifications and will determine whether products meet specified criteria. Examine products by visual inspections and/or taking measurements, and take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Be familiar with and adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Retrieves and prints the production schedule, production model, finished product specifications, and weight control charts from the computer daily.
- Verifies that documents are the correct revision.
- Verifies the line is set up to meet the labor standard specifications.
- Oversees set up of equipment at start up and monitors equipment during operations.
- Addresses adjustment to equipment and verifies equipment is operating within to process capabilities.
- Calculates and documents yield percentages and pounds of product produced per hour.
- Review next day’s production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Monitor employee performance, conduct performance reviews, and administer action records as needed.
- Safety: Conduct accident investigations and generates proper documentation.
- Perform work in a fast paced environment and maintain production requirements.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations, and company policies.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Ensures Team Members receive and are up to date on proper job, safety, and huddle training.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent human relations skills.
- Basic knowledge of AS400, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PRISM.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with USDA inspectors required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Good math skills, ability to read, write, and speak English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma, AA degree preferred plus 5 years related experience and/or training in the food industry.
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
2557 Florence Harllee Blvd
Florence, SC 29506
Fax to (843) 673-0762
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.