Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Dinuba, CA
Primary responsibility for the quality and food safety compliance of all food manufactured within the given plant of responsibility. Serve as the primary contact for all regulatory concerns from the State, USDA/FSIS and FDA. Lead enforcement activity to support and maintain third party audit certifications and qualification. Support the programs to meet and exceed customer specification requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the charge for BRC qualification or passing third party audit score-as defined in the goals
- Address USDA inquiries; respond to NR’s
- Conduct annual HACCP, Food Defense, GMP program reassessments
- Provide process reviews of new products/processes
- Provide program training material
- Support, lead and develop direct reports
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Report on KPI’s within the department on an agreed frequency
- Understand the drivers of the KPI results
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation
- Work cohesively with colleagues and regulators
- Provide timely disposition of products on hold
- Operate the department within budget and support operations improvement
- Ability to communicate well with all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- AS400 and PRISM experience a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, GMP(s), SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles.
- Strong leadership and Management skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Microbiology or related field of study; five 5 years of previous supervisory experience in a microbiology lab or QA food-processing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a food manufacturing plant.
- Recent HACCP certification and/or training
- Familiarity with the Global Food Safety Initiative, either BRC or SQF
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.