Job Title: Bakery Generalist
Location: Dinuba, CA
The Bakery Generalist performs manual stacking of tortillas into small piles and places them into baskets in preparation for distribution, while ensuring that the tortillas meet company standards. The Bakery Generalist will also clean and maintain plant work areas, including: floors, equipment, and storage areas. May be required to perform other Bakery tasks and rotate into other activities as needed. Must be able to distinguish char marks on tortillas. The Bakery Generalist will work around equipment and machinery; be exposed to flour dust and temperature extremes (hot environment); and must wear safety equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect tortillas from equipment table tops and stack in piles in large baskets, while ensuring even distribution and the correct height for each stack
- Make visual inspection of tortilla products to ensure quality specifications are consistent with company standards
- Report quality issues to machine operator and advise of need to stop tortilla machine if product is not meeting quality specifications
- Cover completed baskets
- Responsible for general equipment cleaning
- Responsible for proper disposal of Bakery waste and cleansing of receptacles
- Set up and position mats and stools at work-stations as needed
- Work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining production standards
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to: Company and safety policies, GMP’s; and USDA, QA, HACCP, and Sanitation rules and regulations
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Basic understanding of production environment
- Open to working on 2nd and 3rd shift
- Willing to work on weekends
- Must be willing to work in a hot environment
- Basic knowledge of tool use
- Training will be provided by Ruiz
- Able to follow GMP’s, USDA and Safety rules
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Stop by the Security office at Ruiz Foods (Dinuba) to apply in person. All applicants must apply in person. Disregard remote application instructions below.
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.