Job Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist
Location: Florence, SC
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be part of the Corporate Continuous Improvement organization. The main focus of this position will be to lead projects in all aspects of the business, focusing on continuous improvement of operational processes, waste reduction and problem-solving methods through the use of Lean/Six Sigma principles, tools, concepts and methodologies. The incumbent to this position must demonstrate a high degree of analytical skills and understanding and knowledge of business processes. This position will provide excellent exposure to the management of manufacturing systems and offers outstanding hands on opportunity to apply business concepts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Very strong ability to lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums
- Exceptional ability to motivate and influence others without reliance on positional authority
- Engage employees and management equally for developmental purposes.
- Learn, Teach, practice, develop & improve the company CI methodology.
- Strong analytical skills; capable of breaking down complex issues and identifying key drivers
- Collection and analysis of data related to manufacturing processes.
- The successful candidate must be willing to spend time on the floor to learn manufacturing processes and supporting business systems.
- Develop and drive CI initiatives.
- Build project plans using basic project management tools to advanced Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Report improvement projects status and plans at regular intervals.
- Use process mapping and value and waste stream analysis when appropriate.
- Promote simple problem solving with 5 Why’s and other analytical tools.
- Deliver stable/steady improvement with standard work, 5S workplace organization, and simple/visual controls.
- Incumbent may be required time to time to work on the off- shifts.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adhere to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations, and company policies.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties in support of department or company needs as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 4 year degree – related field preferred
- Black Belt Certification in Lean/Six Sigma
- Experience with Kaizen events and event facilitation a plus
- Proven track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives with sustainable results.
- Able to lead, direct and manage any and all phases of project management, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing
- Basic knowledge of SOP’s, SSOP’s and SWS job training materials
- Strong ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to act independently and follow directions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong commitment to high performance
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Familiar with a manufacturing environment.
- Must have proven leadership skills and be able to lead a team.
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
2557 Florence Harllee Blvd
Florence, SC 29506
Fax to (843) 673-0762
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.