Job Title: Associate Business Development Manager – Southern California
*** this position can be located anywhere within the Southern California region ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with NAM Non-Commercial, RSMs – Northeast & Midwest & Key Impact Sales (broker) to ensure timely sales execution against Non-Commercial operator objectives across the K-12, college/university & healthcare segments. This role may also require occasional work on other large operator (LLO) opportunities within the assigned territory
- Participate in targeted distributor initiatives, as necessary, within Southern California territory (i.e. food shows)
- Provide timely sales forecasting input for business shifts (up/down)
- Partner with the Foodservice Marketing Team, as appropriate, on customer-specific initiatives
- Document progress against major customer initiatives via monthly sales letter updates
- Overnight travel, approximately 40-60% or 2-3 nights/week average, within assigned territory (primary focus: LA, Orange County, San Diego, Inland Empire markets; secondary focus: Arizona market)
- Previous experience in a Foodservice manufacturer sales rep and/or broker selling role is preferred
- Knowledge of the Education Segment and current K-12 industry regulations / dynamics
- K-12 customer relationships within assigned territory is not required, but is a major plus
- Knowledge of the Non-Commercial segment and existing operator relationships in the assigned territory is not required, but is also a major plus (Sodexo, Aramark, Compass/Foodbuy, Premier, HPS)
- Experience building relationships with broker and distributor sales reps
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High-energy self-starter and team-first approach
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (Ruiz Foods team, broker personnel & customers)
- Demonstrated success building operator relationships in a variety of Foodservice segments
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), etc.
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.