Job Title: Associate Director of Engineering
LOCATION: DINUBA, CALIF.
REPORTS TO: SR. VP OF SUPPLY CHAIN
Manages and coordinates activities for the engineering department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems: Directs department activities, through subordinates, to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures. Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and plan projects. Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests. This person will direct all personnel activities such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs engineering personnel in formulating plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Apportions work among engineering staff according to specialized training.
- Review’s engineering designs for neatness and accuracy.
- Supervises engineering office team members computing operating budgets, compiling reports, and conducting special investigations and studies to evaluate efficiency of engineering programs.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval.
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects or product lines.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and Capital approval.
- Reviews operating results of the organization compares them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines schedule of product releases or project deadlines.
- Analyzes new technologies and runs competitive analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a food processing environment.
- Must be capable of supervising crews and or maintenance personnel during projects.
- Flexible to work weekends, holidays and nights depending on projects.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with experience working in teams to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to analyze data and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Ability to relate information clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
CLOSING: SEPTEMBER 3, 2021
HOW TO APPLY: All interested applicants can submit a resume to Human Resources Department or to Jobs@ruizfoods.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.