Job Title: Category Sourcing Manager, Indirect
LOCATION: Dinuba, Calif.
Purpose of role: managing and ensuring cost, availability, innovation, and quality according to target setting and requirements per given area. The Category Sourcing Manager has strong procurement and analytical experience combined with the vision to create short-, mid-, and long-term sourcing solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of indirect sourcing and supplier strategies, as well as the identification and execution of cost savings programs.
- E2E accountability for defining the category and supplier strategy with stakeholders and cross-functional team to meet the procurement deliverables
- Responsible for building strong and strategic supplier relationship and Performance Management
- Ensure sourcing from qualified suppliers, monitor supplier performance and drive corrective actions and improvement plans, as required
- Understands supplier market dynamics/intelligence and use it as input to the strategy
- Drives supplier selection according to strategy, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers
- Ensures alignment, anticipates changes, and drives activities based on supply market changes
- Lead contract and price negotiations with suppliers
- Initiate and follow up price negotiations to get best prices for programs from the very beginning of volume production
- Manage that all contractual agreements including non-disclosure agreement’s and required appendices are in place for all components used in program or within respective area
- Drives the supplier development activities (e.g., supplier audits/assessments) to establish suppliers’ delivery capability and quality in collaboration with Supply Quality Managers (SQM)
- Main interface between sourcing and functions of specific R&D/product group to implement aligned category strategies in early design, and program phases, and vice versa
- Provide category input to feasibility study and program planning phase
- Participates in all program/feasibility study relevant discussions with suppliers related to specific products
- Drives for the multiple source qualifications are in place. Ensures that budgetary quotes/RFQs from suppliers will be submitted to BU and Feasibility Studies
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role within a related industry/category.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Understanding of supplier cost structure; ability to perform analysis and interpret data into actionable steps.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Must have experience in cost analysis and management.
- Decision making/strategic thinking/negotiation skills.
- Expert in advanced Excel, PowerPoint of PowerBI required.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit resume to:
- Mail: Human Resources, P.O. Box 37, Dinuba, CA 93618
- Fax: (559) 591-1593
- E-mail: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.