Job Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist
DEPT: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – DINUBA, CALIFORNIA
REPORTS TO: CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be part of the Corporate Continuous Improvement organization. The main focus of this position will be to lead projects in all aspects of the business, focusing on continuous improvement of operational processes, waste reduction and problem-solving methods through the use of Lean/Six Sigma principles, tools, concepts and methodologies. The incumbent to this position must demonstrate a high degree of analytical skills and understanding and knowledge of business processes. This position will provide excellent exposure to the management of manufacturing systems and offers outstanding hands on opportunity to apply business concepts.
- Very strong ability to lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums
- Exceptional ability to motivate and influence others without reliance on positional authority
- Learn, Teach, practice, develop & improve the company CI methodology.
- Strong analytical skills; capable of breaking down complex issues and identifying key drivers
- Collection and analysis of data related to manufacturing processes.
- The successful candidate must spend time on the floor to learn manufacturing processes and supporting business systems.
- Develop and drive CI initiatives, build project plans using basic project management tools to advanced Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Report improvement projects status and plans at regular intervals.
- Use process mapping and value and waste stream analysis when appropriate.
- Promote simple problem solving with 5 Why’s and other analytical tools.
- Deliver stable/steady improvement with standard work, 5S workplace organization, and simple/visual controls.
- Incumbent may be required time to time to work on the off- shifts.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adhere to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP and company policies.
- Perform other duties in support of department or company needs as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree, Black Belt Certification and one to three years+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Black Belt Certification in Lean/Six Sigma required
- Experience with Kaizen events and event facilitation a plus. Must have proven leadership skills and be able to lead a team.
- Proven track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives. Familiar with a manufacturing environment.
- Able to lead, direct and manage any and all phases of project management, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing
- Basic knowledge of SOP’s, SSOP’s and SWS job training materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel when necessary. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (Exempt)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.