Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
The Director of Internal Audit serves as the organization’s top audit executive. Performs advanced level of professional internal auditing work as a key component of the corporate governance structure. Work involves directing a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing direction to development of the annual audit plan; and providing ongoing training, coaching and supervision to internal audit staff. Maintains organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently with extensive latitude of initiative and independent judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs audit staff in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff, and taking corrective actions to address performance problems.
- Directs identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and oversees the development of the annual audit plan.
- Directs the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting company processes and procedures.
- Directs the audit staff in the identification, development, and documentation of audit issues and recommendations.
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the board of directors.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents internal audit at management and board meetings and with external organizations.
- Manages administration of the company’s confidential hotline on behalf of the audit committee.
- Performs related work as assigned by the audit committee of the board of directors consistent with the Audit Committee Charter and the Internal Audit Charter.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, or related field.
- Ten years of full-time experience in auditing, either external or internal. Accounting, business analysis, experienced in audits related to information systems, or program evaluation, including at least four years of supervisory or project management experience would be preferred.
- A graduate degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field, or a second certification (CIA, CPA, or CISA) may substitute for one year of required experience. The combination of a graduate degree and second certification may substitute for two years of required experience.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.