Job Title: Director of Operational Excellence
Reporting directly to the VP Operations, the role will partner with senior leadership to develop the long-term strategy and program initiatives in driving Operational Excellence across manufacturing operations using a hands-on approach. The ideal candidate will be someone that can effectively deploy the program and drive culture change across the business.
- The Director Operational Excellence will be involved with the Implementation of the OE program by working with leadership to engrain Operational Excellence into the way we work by deploying a culture of continuous improvement.
- Development of a “Common Language” and methodologies companywide.
- Improving the Factories understanding and application of lean tools through training, coaching and mentoring of our site located Blackbelts.
- Executing on process improvements that are shared and memorialized and knowledge transferred to each relevant internal facility location.
- Leading strategic projects such as 5S implementation, Value Stream management and MUV improvements and OEE via RedZone.
- The OE Leader will be a member of the manufacturing leadership team and will work closely with Manufacturing directors to accomplish shared goals.
- Problem solving skills
- Project management
- Results motivated
- Financial analysis skills
- Leadership skills
- Proactive management
- Strong Convictions
- Assesses people talent
- Strong work ethic
- Committed to success
- Team builder/player
- Coaching skills
- Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- 10+ years driving Lean / Operational Excellence projects in Manufacturing
- 3+ years in Director / Leadership role developing Lean / Operational Excellence program in Manufacturing
- Ability to transfer knowledge to multiple levels of the organization
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Problem solving using Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Break down Analysis (BDA), and DMAIC.
- Understanding Loss Analysis and develop improvement ideation using Loss Analysis.
- Knowledge on 5S, SMED, Kanban, Visual Management, Material & Process Balance, and other CI Tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, and project management applications
- BA/BS degree in business or related field
- Category leader
- Strong management team
- Experience working in USDA/FDA regulated industry
- Large non-English speaking workforce
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit resume to:
- Mail: Human Resources, P.O. Box 37, Dinuba, CA 93618
- Fax: (559) 591-1593
- E-mail: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.