Job Title: Director of Quality Assurance
Location: Dinuba, Calif.
The Director of Quality Assurance reports directly to the VP of Food Safety and Quality and is charged with developing and maintaining a food quality assurance program to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Provides leadership and direction for the Ruiz quality system. Manages consistent product quality. Takes lead role in product safety, including HACCP implementation and monitoring. Develops and maintains product/process documentation. Leads supplier quality programs. Provides label approval and nutritional database services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Push company to the forefront to gain market share.
- Develop proactive control systems.
- Improve finished goods quality.
- Advance skill level of quality assurance management and personnel to the next level.
- Track what is pertinent to better quality.
- Revise a company’s mindset in favor of a more competitive culture.
- Define the quality level of our products and establish a measurement system.
- Establish a common definition of a product for the salesman.
- Allow for tracking and measuring product performance.
- Audit compliance of established procedures and specifications.
- Be a resource to the sales department in resolving and interpreting problems and concerns.
- Clarify procedures and estimate the impact of variations to procedures for the manufacturing department to determine corrective actions.
- Authorize changes in procedures to help minimize product waste.
- Support purchasing in vendor audits, vendor approvals and raw material rejections.
- Be the focal point for process improvement (helping others gain control over out of control processes).
- Audit compliance of established product specifications.
- Establish standards of conformance, which will contribute three qualities to the company: simplicity, speed, and balance.
- Design and implement HACCP program.
- Maintain and update USDA and other local, state, and federal programs
- MS or BS in Food Science preferred. Will consider related science degree.
- Must have experience in developing a food quality assurance program.
- Minimum 10-years of food quality assurance experience in a USDA plant.
- Excellent managerial skills with proven supervisory practices.
- Strong computer skills.
- Four to five years as department level manager.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (Exempt)
All interested applicants can submit a resume to Human Resources Department or to Jobs@ruizfoods.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.