Job Title: Logistics Manager
LOCATION: Florence, South Carolina
We are a fast-growing, mid-sized CPG food manufacturing company (Top 125 in North America) that was founded by a father-son team (Louis and Fred Ruiz) 50 years ago with the idea of sharing their authentic Mexican family recipes with the world.
Today, Ruiz Foods is a recognized and reputable leader in the industry with the #1 brand in retail frozen Mexican Food (El Monterey) and the #1 roller grill snack brand in C-Stores (Tornados). We bring on-trend, delicious foods to consumers in US Retail, Warehouse Clubs and Foodservice including K-12 Schools, Colleges and Universities, Business and Industry, Convenience Stores, Vending and Restaurants.
Logistics managers are responsible for the team, spend, performance, and daily execution of all logistics functions in their network (Direct warehousing, 3PL, and freight). Through collaboration with cross functional partners they ensure a high level of customer service to internal as we as external customers. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and applicable 3rd party warehouse cost and performance.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Maintain a high attention to detail, follow-up, multi-tasking, and conflict resolution.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets for Internal Warehouse teams, in addition to applicable 3PL and Freight responsibilities.
- Ensure daily/weekly planning is completed along with all standard and leader standard work.
- Responsible for facility and equipment maintenance, good housekeeping and provide a team oriented and safe work environment.
- Partner to Manufacturing executing raw and finished goods materials flows in a timely and accurate manner.
- The logistics manager owns and drives the morale of the team. They will ensure all team members are performing tasks in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure that all raw materials and finished goods inventory is received, stored, and managed to expectations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to identify issues, develop solutions, and deliver results.
- BS in business administration, logistics, or supply chain; 7+ years progressive logistics management experience and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and manage a staff.
- Experience collecting data and reporting against key performance metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Experience in logistics systems i.e. ERP, WMS, TMS, etc.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit resume to:
- Mail: Human Resources, P.O. Box 37, Dinuba, CA 93618
- Fax: (559) 591-1593
- E-mail: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.