Job Title: Procurement Buyer
LOCATION: Dinuba, Calif.
Assist the Replenishment Supervisor in the ordering, expediting, and coordinating of activities associated with all raw materials, and co-packing operations purchases
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain appropriate inventory controls to ensure product availability within main facility along with outside manufacturing sites including co-pack operations
- Coordinate within in–house departments on changes to raw materials utilization
- Monitor all schedule changes and make appropriate notifications as needed, this includes being on call 24 hours 7 days a week
- Help to resolve ingredient related issues while working with Quality Control Suppliers, Materials, Managements, Operations, and warehousing
- Works with Quality Control to complete and track all vendor returns related to ingredients
- Monitor and coordinate new vendor approval process
- Assist Replenishment Supervisor with maintaining good vendor relations
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring and services, included but not limited to transfers between plants
- Prepares purchase orders and coordinates with transportation on delivery options
- Ensures that purchase orders are issued based on the planned schedule and timely delivery information is provided to all concerned parties
- Maintains procurement records such as item or services purchase cost, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel users, vendors, and other to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Works in conjunction with operations and other departments across the company to facilitate implementation of ingredient changes
- Back-up the Purchasing Team in other facilities as needed and expedites delivery of goods to users when needed
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Minimum of 1-3 years of purchasing and/or materials management experience
- Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school: or four-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a team leader when necessary
- Have good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task projects and possess a general knowledge of business principles
- Previous Inforos M3 experience preferred. APICS certification and bilingual in Spanish a definite plus
- Ability to compute math problems. Good negotiation and leadership skills
- Must be able to travel independently via automobile and/or airplane, as job requires.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (NON-EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.