Job Title: Research & Development Director
LOCATION: DINUBA, CALIF.
The R&D Director will play a leadership role in guiding the new product development on our core businesses as well as driving new category innovation. This role will ensure R&D activities drive to achieve strategic objectives, improve market position and optimize profitability. Through close partnership with the marketing, sales and supply chain teams he/she will lead the development and commercialization new core products, optimization of current offerings and identification and execution of cost savings initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to develop innovation plans.
- Leverage consumer insights and emerging technologies to guide product innovation and renovation plans
- Leverage internal and external resources to identify emerging technologies and translate these into new product ideas that are aligned with the business strategy.
- Lead product development, process development and ingredient technology efforts to develop and commercialize new and improved products, cost optimization and quality improvement.
- Manage a complex and dynamic project portfolio to ensure attainment of business goals, including prioritization and execution strategy.
- Ensure robust experimentation/design principles and commercialization processes to achieve project objectives and commercial requirements (manufacturing efficiency, stability, shelf life).
- Manage technical personnel, including priority setting, coaching and skill development
- Develop and lead annual cost optimization plans
- Develop and manage R&D Department budget, ensuring efficient utilization of resources and achievement of annual business plan.
- Collaborate with key customers as required to drive customer specific innovation
- Ensure ongoing evaluation of the competitive landscape and competitive innovation.
- Minimum BS in Food Science or a related field. Advanced business degree, culinary training and knowledge of USDA. Minimum 15 years’ experience in food R&D, with at least 5 years’ experience leading technical professionals.
- Excellent understanding of the product development process and innovation stage gate principles
- Strong knowledge of the interaction between culinary art, food science and nutrition
- Strong knowledge of sensory and consumer research methodologies
- Experience with packaged food safety and government regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute technology strategy that delivers on business needs
- Strong project management skills and excellent communication, both oral and written
- People leadership skills and the ability to manage, mentor and develop others.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.