Job Title: Sr. Food Technologist, Bakery
This position is responsible for the development of new/optimized bakery items, quality improvements, and cost savings. Includes tortillas, batters, breading’s, and a variety of other bakery items. Partners with food technologists to develop great tasting & affordable burritos, empanadas, and other frozen Mexican products. Has knowledge of grain science, baking technology and industrial manufacturing methods. Provides support to Ruiz manufacturing facilities to improve bakery line efficiencies, reduce yield loss, reduce ingredient cost, and enhance product quality. The Sr. Food Technologist, Bakery works closely with Marketing and Operations to define product requirements and manufacturing feasibility. Requires hands on product development from bench to commercialization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with food technologists, manufacturing, purchasing, quality assurance and marketing in a team environment to develop and launch new and improved products
- Partner with manufacturing, purchasing, quality assurance and marketing to improve existing products
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with bakery ingredient and manufacturing equipment suppliers.
- Evaluate alternate ingredient suppliers
- Participate in new crop flour transition with the plant and vendors.
- Evaluate alternate processing methodologies for improvements in products, efficiencies, yields, and product quality.
- Execute cost savings initiatives related to dough recipes and bakery operations.
- Support regulatory needs by reformulating bakery items when required
- Keep accurate records of lab work, documentation of ingredients used, formulation modifications
- Maintain knowledge, and adhere to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and company policies.
- Position may require up to 35-45% travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. degree in Food/Baking Science. Additionally, AIB residence course, Master Baking certification, or other relevant bakery training and 7+ years’ experience in the R&D of bakery products. Large scale bakery manufacturing experience required.
- Strong bakery formulation skills and understanding of dough science, grain nutrition, and health benefits
- Strong bench top and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and use seasoned judgment to make decisions when data is not available
- Hands on approach and a “can do’ attitude with fast turn-around of deliverables.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and translate technical information to non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Strong knowledge of bakery manufacturing and processing. Knowledge of sensory testing and interpretation of results
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- Ability to formulate within cost parameters and financial awareness.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.