Job Title: Sr. Process and Controls Engineer
LOCATION: This position is based in Florence, S.C.
Represent the Engineering department to manage and support Capex Projects, Process Engineering and Control/Automation projects. This candidate will be responsible for utilizing their knowledge of industrial controls, industrial networks, programming software, robotics, industrial automation, production and packaging equipment to ensure successful project implementation. This also includes providing utilities, production and packaging equipment support to minimize downtime, improve operating efficiencies and facilitate equipment upgrades and modifications. This position is for our Florence, SC Plant, but the candidate is expected to travel to other locations to support the other Company Plants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have experience in process and packaging systems with understanding of line balances, process flows with application of appropriate control systems.
- Develop and support plans and schedules of activities required to insure the timely implementation of automation/robotics and control projects.
- Manage and support project budgets, cost, schedules, scope, and quality.
- Effectively communicate technical solutions for automation, and control system challenges.
- Perform/supervise the optimization and troubleshooting of PLC & HMI code as required.
- Maintain, modify, and update electrical manuals, automation and control documentation, P&ID and Process Flow /Mass Balance drawings.
- Maintain a high level of equipment reliability utilizing maintenance, engineering, and appropriate resources to resolve equipment availability issues.
- Troubleshoot equipment stoppages and assist in returning equipment to operation.
- Provide technical resources for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Identify areas for process improvements through analysis of efficiency data and process review. Includes improving equipment performance and creating FMEA’s and troubleshooting tools.
- Assist in establishing current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical, or related field with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a food-processing environment.
- Expertise with ControlLogix, SLC5-500, Rockwell Factory Talk View, DNet, CNet, ENet IP, ISA Symbology and P&IDs.
- Have a working knowledge of ABB and Fanuc Robotics.
- Able to interpret P&ID drawings and specifications, electrical design, network designs, PLC & HMI development and electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be highly flexible and be adaptable with the ability to manage change.
- Must be capable of supervising crews and or maintenance personnel during projects.
- Flexible to work weekends, holidays and nights depending on projects.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with experience working in teams to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to analyze data and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills, PMO certification preferred
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.