Job Title: Tax Accountant
TITLE: TAX ACCOUNTANT
DEPT: Tax and Treasury Department
REPORTS TO: TAX MANAGER
This position is responsible for assisting Manager in the various responsibilities of the Tax and Treasury Department, including, but not limited to, income tax calculation and reporting, property tax calculation and reporting, and other tax-related schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate federal and state tax depreciation for corporate income tax purpose
- Assist annual tax provision calculation and booking tax adjustment JEs
- Assist federal and state taxable income and apportionment calculation
- Assist federal and state corporate tax returns filing
- Calculate and file property tax renditions for various jurisdictions
- Serve as lead on property tax audit
- File Texas freeport exemptions
- Analyze and prepare annual property tax budget and projections
- Ensure that credits and exemptions are being taken where applicable.
- Work with A/P Department to ensure proper application of tax and to research exemptions as needed.
- Work with Fixed Assets Department to ensure proper tax basis being accounted for income tax and property tax as needed.
- Maintain tax and treasury calendar and ensure renewal of various state permits, registrations, and licenses.
- Process state registrations as needed for employees in new states.
- Research and maintain files regarding nexus issues in all states.
- Calculate and prepare corporate and composite quarterly estimated tax and extension payments.
- Prepare in-house documentation to support R&D Credit, and other tax credits benefitting the company and shareholders.
- Prepare UNICAP, DPAD, and other income tax related schedules.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly G/L account reconciliations and related journal entries. Assist with annual audit schedules as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, including preparation of property tax returns and income tax compliance schedules.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills, able to work independently.
- Experience with OneSource and BNA systems a plus.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
HOW TO APPLY: All interested applicants can submit a resume to Human Resources Department or to Jobs@ruizfoods.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.