Job Title: Transportation Manager
If you enjoy a fast-paced, high energy manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as a Transportation Manager for Ruiz Food Products, Inc. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for transportation management strategy, while ensuring collaboration with third-party providers and contract/rate negotiations. Responsible for managing the delivery of finished goods product to customers, manage the delivery of raw materials loads to Ruiz Foods facilities. Review and hire carrier base and retain current carriers. Ensure we have capacity to handle traffic spikes, stay compliant with laws and regulations regarding the logistics industry.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage on-time customer delivery of finished goods.
- Ensure transportation costs remain at specific levels, and that carrier capacity is such that we can handle spikes in delivery volume.
- Review carrier credentials, meet, interview and hire new carriers, as well as existing carriers. Review carrier performance and options to increase performance.
- Keep up to date on laws and regulations regarding logistics by attending seminars, conferences and conventions.
- Review and approve logistics expenditures for finished goods and raw materials.
- Develop transportation strategies in alignment with Supply Chain goals.
- Develop and lead implementation of plans including robust metrics to deliver continuous improvement in service, cost and people.
- Drive day-to-day performance excellence; customer deliveries, network transfer orders & transportation compliance, systems (Transportation Management System solution), route guides, freight rating & payment discrepancies and carrier EDI (automated transactions through electronic data interchange).
- Develop & execute talent acquisition and performance management in the context of organizational succession plans.
- Internal & external collaboration and relationship development & management.
- Manage coordinators duties and have intimate knowledge to be able to perform coordinators duties when they are scheduled off.
- Manage clerical duties. Assign new duties for coordinators and clerks as needed.
- Manage sales force issues regarding customer delivery.
- Review freight analysis for continuous improvement of all aspects of logistics, national and international.
- Budget for Logistics department and manage consultant services.
- Develop transportation processes with IT. Work with other departments (customer service, sales, marketing) to ensure product (old and new) is delivered as needed.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adhere to safety policies, USDA, GMP’s, QA, HACCP, Sanitation rules and regulations, and company policies.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other duties in support of department or company needs as required.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Logistics; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership in transportation roles (both field & corporate) with a consumer goods company, including demonstrated experience with cost crushing, best practice freight management and people development.
- Requires experience and understanding of end to end Supply Chain including transportation, customer service, financial policies and procedures with a CPG company.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in developing and executing strategies, effectively communicating with all levels of Management.
- Strong team development skills, analytical capabilities, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to build relationships internally & externally.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.