Job Title: Category Analyst – Walmart
* Please note the Job Location is Bentonville, AR
As a Category Analyst, you will serve as both an advisor and an analyst partnering closely with the Category Management/Sales Team primarily focused on Ruiz Foods’ Walmart and Sam’s Club businesses and special projects in the Frozen Categories. Utilizing strong analytical skills, this key role is pivotal for developing objective category plans, strategic customer business plans, providing financial analysis, leveraging analytical data/shopper insights to achieve overall category growth around sales, market share and profit objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analytics – lead reporting and diagnostics for consumption trends across Ruiz Food’s Portfolio, Retailers performance, and the competitive landscape; proactively identify business issues and opportunities; Provide recurring, deep-dive and ad hoc analytical support
- Insights – source relevant insights to support sales initiatives leveraging a variety of industry resources (Retail Link, Atlas, AC Nielsen AOD/OVT/Price Beats/Panel, Shopper Card, MADRID etc.) and internal custom research studies; able to understand trends and relate back to Frozen Category, turning insights into action
- Category – monitor pricing and merchandising execution and effectiveness, evaluate assortment for distribution opportunities, and deliver recommendations based on category guidance (B&M and ecom/digital activation)
- Present/prepare business results, insights, and category perspectives during key internal and customer meetings up to VP Level, to help shape category strategy and drive growth
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic category business plans, including retail customer, market, competitive and shopper trends
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of CPG experience across Business Analytics, Category Management/Development, Channel/Shopper Insights, and/or Sales Account Management
- Advanced computer skills required, specifically in Excel; Exceptional technical, analytical, problem solving, data visualization, and presentation/communication skills
- Knowledge of syndicated data AC Nielsen/IRI; Panel or similar syndicated data platforms
- Self-starter with ability to identify, create, and lead projects; work collaboratively; team player
- National/Chain Account headquarters contact experience desired; Walmart or Sam’s Club experience preferred
- Knowledge of Retail Link; ACNielsen AOD/OVT/Price Beats; Atlas; MADRID, Walmart Media Group ideal
- Advanced computer skills Excel, PowerPoint; Highly skilled in developing reporting tools that are user friendly, easy to update, and illustrate strong data visualization (Tableau) desired
- Experience in Frozen or Refrigerated Categories, but not required
- Ability to travel up to 35%
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.