Job Title: Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will be part of the corporate engineering organization and provide support to the optimization of manufacturing floor systems and processes effort. They will demonstrate a good degree of analytical skills and an understanding and knowledge of business processes. This position will provide an excellent exposure to the management of manufacturing systems and offers outstanding hands on opportunity to apply business concepts. Continuous Improvement Specialists will work across operational functions. This position will report directly to the Continuous Improvement Manager in Dinuba CA with a dotted line to the Denison TX Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Identify, facilitate and drive process improvement projects, provide training and support to enhance process capability as well as team member capability.
- Very strong ability to lead, coach, facilitate, and communicate with individuals across a broad range of education, experience, and functional spectrums.
- Ability to motivate and influence others without reliance on positional authority.
- Engage team members and management equally for developmental purposes.
- Learn, teach, practice, develop & improve the company CI methodology.
- Strong analytical skills; capable of breaking down complex issues and identifying key drivers.
- Collection and analysis of data related to manufacturing processes.
- Must be willing to spend time on the floor to learn manufacturing processes and supporting business systems.
- Report improvement projects status and plans at regular intervals.
- Use process mapping and value flow analysis when appropriate.
- Promote simple problem solving with 5 Why’s and other analytical tools.
- Deliver stable/steady improvement with standard work, 5S workplace organization, and simple/visual controls.
- Minimum HS Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Must have a passion for production/operations.
- Related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment. Lean manufacturing training a plus
- Strong ability to learn and apply new concepts and follow directions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with ability to act independently as well as willing to follow directions.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to travel when needed and to work on the off-shifts.
- Familiar with a manufacturing environment. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have proven leadership skills and be able to lead a team.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (non-exempt)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
2410 Texoma Drive
Denison, TX 75020
Fax to (903) 464-0629
Apply in person or e-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.