Job Title: Operations Supervisor (Production/Packaging)
The Production/Packaging supervisor is fully responsible for safety, manufacturing efficiencies pertaining to labor cost, material cost, overhead cost and product quality/product safety. Responsible for upholding company policy, procedures, training and developing subordinates.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations in the department/shift and for supervising team members.
- Responsible for all fill weight, counts, net weights and yields.
- Ensures lines and appropriate components are set up to accommodate the particular product scheduled for the day.
- Assigns and supervises team members in the performance of their assigned duties focusing on efficiency, cost, quality, quantity, safety and sanitation.
- Provides training to team members on the proper methods of carrying out assignments and good working habits.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance Department to insure continuous production levels.
- Maintains periodic checks to ensure proper usage of materials and makes daily production reports reflecting yields, cooler inventories, waste, safety, and GMP’s.
- Trains and counsels team members on GMP’s, housekeeping, sanitation, and safety issues.
- Applies and understands company policies regarding GMP’s, HACCP, Rules/Regulations, and Attendance.
- Reviews downtime to analyze the reasons for the downtime.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- AA degree preferred and minimum of five years’ experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a minimum of four years in a supervisory role and proven leadership skills.
- Good math skills, ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels. Present materials during meetings.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and M3.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Must be able to pass a math test.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.