Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Primary responsibility for the quality and food safety compliance of all food manufactured within the given plant of responsibility. Serve as the primary contact for all regulatory concerns from the State, USDA/FSIS and FDA. Lead enforcement activity to support and maintain third party audit certifications and qualification. Support the programs to meet and exceed customer specification requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the charge for maintaining BRC Certification or passing third party audit score-as defined in the goals
- Address USDA Inquiries; respond to NR’s
- Conduct annual HACCP, Food Safety Plan, Food Defense, GMP program reassessments
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Provide process reviews of new products/processes
- Provide program training material
- Support, lead and develop direct reports
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Report on KPI’s within the department on an agreed frequency
- Understand the drivers of the KPI results
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation
- Work cohesively with colleagues and regulators
- Provide timely disposition of products on hold
- Operate the department within budget and support operational improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and Management skills
- Ability to communicate well with all levels
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, GMP(s), SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite or related software
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Microbiology or related field of study and 5 years of previous managerial experience in a microbiology lab and / or Quality Assurance in a dual jurisdiction food-processing environment,
- Recent HACCP certification and/or training
- Preventive Controls Certification and/or training
- FSMA Qualified Individual for Food Defense Experience
- Strong Understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative V7 or above, either BRC or SQF
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.