Job Title: Senior Sourcing Manager, Ingredients
Ownership and responsibility for the strategic sourcing of ingredients
- Lead and direct the ingredient sourcing strategy mitigating market inflation and providing accurate cost forecasts.
- Fully understand and lead category by exercising existing deep subject matter knowledge or developing such knowledge in:
- Cost drivers
- Industry insights on owned categories
- New product development
- Commodity knowledge and experience actively managing commodities within the Food/Beverage space (where applicable)
- Develop and own the category food cost plan; monitor and maintain performance for the year
- Recognize, cultivate, and lead cost-savings measures
- Negotiate the lowest price based on based on deploying the most profitable response to our demand in consideration of our product specifications, quality, service levels, and industry conditions
- Work together with cross-functional partners such as QA, Operations, Culinary, Finance to provide project visibility and allow for cross-functional alignment and execution of Sourcing projects
- Execute sourcing strategies that are based on fundamental economic analysis and implement within the context of tolerance for risk at the Company.
- Grow, maintain, and establish strong supplier business relationships
- Actively solicit supplier performance feedback from Suppliers
- Enhance supplier development by communicating Ruiz’s performance standards measures, develop joint improvement initiatives (product, process, etc.) as needed
- Conduct and lead regular business review sessions with our supplier partners in order to inform and align them with Ruiz’s strategy for managed products
- Develop and ensure up to date management of supplier contingency plans and strategy in the event the primary supplier is unable to performs as required (quality, delivery, spec adherence, etc.)
- Ensure we have supplier contracts and pricing agreements detailing costs and pricing methodology Coordinate with Ruiz’s Supply Management team in determining optimal supplier locations and delivery methods
- Coordinate the execution of new product (permanent or LTO) introductions in considering production lead times, MOQs, and contingency
- Own forecast model for ingredient spend
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- Procure the 60 million USD spend and sourcing of ingredients including sauces, IQF and fresh vegetables, starches, emulsifiers, spices, beans, batters, and other miscellaneous items.
- Deliver value for money for Ruiz Foods given the dynamic ingredient markets. Decisions in this area can significantly affect Ruiz Foods profit and/or cause the business to cut investment spending in order to cover cost pressures.
- Supplier selection and business commitments for the portfolio of the annual volume, within the limits of Finance and the Quality. (Conduct RFP’s)
- Prediction of costs, to maximize accuracy and delivery of the business plan and P&L projections. Sets annual cost standards for assigned ingredients.
- Make contractual commitments on behalf of the Company within the framework of the Limits of Authority.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Strong Analytical, Planning, Market Research and Trade Execution skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change
- Can work through tough agreements and settle disputes effectively
- Ability to influence others not in direct span of control
- Good interpersonal, team building, and conflict management skills
Required Experiences & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, economics, supply chain, procurement, engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in an ingredient purchasing role within the Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry
- Experience in managing dynamic business environments, where price stability, supply availability, and potential business outcomes are under continuous pressure and change.
- Experience in strategic sourcing including end to end strategy development.
- Experience in productivity or related cost reduction programs
- Experience in strategic negotiations including RFPs (Analysis and recommendations)
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint functional skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10%+ of the time or as required by the business
Preferred Experiences & Education
- MBA and/or equivalent years of experience
- Proficient in ERP and MRP systems
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Knowledge of commodity markets a plus
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.