Job Title: Utilities D.A.F. Operator
- To operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment facility and its processes.
- Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of plant operations, compliance with state and federal operating regulations, and underground sewer system. Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Chief Operator, subject to review through reports and results achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, and storm water and sludge management
- Assist with the installation and inspection of new sewer lines and services.
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and pump stations and all of their components.
- During the Chief Operator’s absence, act as the Department’s representative.
- Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery.
- On call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant and pump stations.
- Conduct the necessary weekend checks of the treatment plant on a rotating basis.
- Perform all work in conformance to Cal-OSHA and other guidelines as required and instructed.
- Maintain open communications with the Chief Operator regarding the treatment process and pump stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Control equipment and monitor processes of the wastewater treatment facility as directed.
- Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
- Keep records of water quality and other indicators as required.
- Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
- Monitor the indicators at their plants and make adjustments as necessary.
- Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
- Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Plan emergency reaction protocols.
- Keep records that document compliance.
- Be able to perform and document various tests required by State and Federal agencies for the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Perform daily checks of the wastewater treatment process and periodic checks of pump stations.
- Have a working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of a wastewater treatment plant.
- Have a working knowledge of the machinery used for wastewater treatment and pumping stations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Have a working knowledge of basic machinery preventive maintenance and repair.
- Have a basic knowledge of State and Federal rules governing wastewater discharges and worker’s safety.
- Have the ability to work with independence and to make routine decisions on the operation of the plant processes and equipment during the Chief Operator’s absence.
- Hold a high school diploma and have a basic understanding of operating a wastewater treatment facility.
- Must possess a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s Grade I license.
- Maintain a Class C Driver’s license.
SALARY: DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE (NON-EXEMPT)
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.